Dr. Gomathy Nachimuthu joined New Hope IVF as a Specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Infertility – Obstetrics & Gynecology. She has extensive experience of over 10 years in managing patients with infertility. She tailors the treatment according to the latest evidence-based medicine. Her experience includes the management of female and male infertility, ovulation induction, ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles, intrauterine insemination (IUI), transvaginal and abdominal egg retrievals, embryo transfer, diagnostic and operative hysteroscopies, 3D ultrasound, and fertility-sparing laparoscopic surgeries.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine (Jan 2017- Dec 2018), Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai.
- Diplomate in National Board, Obstetrics and Gynecology (Jul 2011 – Jun 2013), CSI Rainy Multispecialty hospital, Chennai.
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology (May 2008 – April 2010), JSS Medical College, Mysore.
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai.
CAREER PROGRESSION – More than 10 years in Reproductive Medicine / IVF
- Reproductive Medicine – All aspects of reproductive endocrinology including infertility work-up, follicular study, IVF scans, ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination, transvaginal oocyte retrieval, embryo transfer, and management of OHSS.
- Obstetrics – Normal, instrumental, and cesarean deliveries, cervical cerclage, obstetric scans, prenatal workup, monitoring, and management of high-risk pregnancies.
- Gynecology – Laparoscopy, diagnostic hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, hysterectomy, oophorectomy, tubal ligation, and family planning procedures.
Working as an IVF specialist and independently performing all the surgical procedures related to IVF/Reproductive Medicine, obstetrics, and gynecology. Worked as consultant obstetrics, gynecology and IVF specialist and independently performing all the surgical procedures related to IVF/Reproductive Medicine, obstetrics, and gynecology. Offered evidence-based patient care related to infertility management, and IVF/Reproductive Medicine procedures.
My quest for learning and working in a center of excellence took me to this NABH approved, 300 bedded flagship tertiary care hospital having an institute for reproductive medicine and advanced ART. Here, I was involved in patient care related to infertility management, IVF/Reproductive Medicine procedures, elective surgeries, and high risk pregnancies.
RESEARCH PAPERS & CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Gomathy N, Kundavi Shankar, Thangam Varma. Addition of growth hormone to the ICSI cycles in antagonist protocol to improve the outcomes in poor responders – A pilot study. Paper presentation in ISAR 2018
- Gomathy N, Kundavi Shankar, Thangam Varma. A prospective study to evaluate the effect of physiological ICSI on the patients with severe male factor infertility and previously failed ICSI. Second prize for Paper presentation in YUVA ISAR 2018
- Gomathy N, Kundavi Shankar. Beckwith wiedemann syndrome in spontaneous pregnancy – A Case Report
- Gomathy N, Dhanasekar KR, Trayambak D, Amirtha R. Supportive therapy for dysmenorrhea: Time to look beyond mefenamic acid in primary care. J Family Med Prim Care 2019;8:3487-91Dhanasekar KR, Shilpa BN, Gomathy N, and Kundavi S. Prenatal probiotics – The way forward in prevention of preterm birth: A Review. J Clin Gynecol Obstet. 2019;8(3):63-69
- Gomathy N, Dhanasekar KR, Trayambak D. An effective but forgotten therapy in Dysmenorrhea. J South Asian Feder Obst Gynae, 2019; 11(3), 203-206.Dhanasekar KR, Gomathy N, Trayambak D. Combination therapy to target the neuronal origin of menopausal symptoms. Indian J Obstet Gynecol Res 2019;6(1):83-86.
She has organized, presented, and chaired sessions at several national and international fertility conferences and meetings. His current clinical and research interests include: ovarian reserve tests, assisted conception, optimizing ovarian stimulation protocols and the outcome of IVF, recurrent miscarriages, recurrent implantation failure, and pre-implantation genetic screening & diagnosis.